Thursday, October 24, 2013

Yes, really

I wish I were cool enough to be nonchalant and just casually drop this into conversation, but I'm not.  Not at all.  Not even a little bit.  So here it is:

I'm in the Huffington Post.

I was invited to submit a piece for last week's TED Weekends series, the theme of which was "What We Can Learn From Gifted Minds."  I submitted and they accepted, and suddenly, there's my smiling face under the HuffPo banner.

I'm positively giddy.

I would have posted about it here sooner, but I've spent all week refreshing the page to make sure it's still up.  Somewhere in the back of my mind, I feared that someone from the editorial staff would stumble upon it and say, "What is this doing here?"  But so far, so good.

For those who are fans of my Facebook page, thanks for celebrating with me this week.  It has been a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Wonderful article! I love that everything about it. I love that it is another positive message that will shape the thinking of people who might just be figuring out what to think! And I love that TED sees no conflict in the idea that autistic minds are also brilliant minds. And of course I love that the by line is YOU!!! xoxo

Kal said...

I was thrilled to see your smiling face there! I loved your article too :)

I.C. Hammon said...

Good going, MOM.