Monday, April 22, 2013

In which Bud tells it like it is

We were packed up and headed out for the weekend - one of those crazily-scheduled weekends that always compels me to over-pack.  As I struggled out the door toward the car, looking like a pack mule with my arms full and bags hanging from both shoulders, I looked at Bud walking happily ahead of me, his laptop bag on his shoulder and his iPad in hand.

"Hey," I called out to him. "Why is it that I'm carrying everything and you're carrying nothing?"

Bud spun around and made his way back to me.  "I don't know," he said.

"How exactly did this happen?" I joked.

He turned his face to mine and moved closer until our noses were almost touching, then raised his eyebrows and flashed me his trademark closed-mouth grin.

"Oh," I laughed.  "Is it because you're so cute?"

"No," he answered.  "It's just because I'm so... "

He paused, searching for the right word until he found it.

"Smart."

4 comments:

Dixie Redmond said...

Wow! Ha ha ha. There's some truth for you, Mom. I've been asking my guy to do a lot more. Truth be told, all kids need to be asked.

Cheryl said...

Smart kid indeed. I could take a lesson.

Krystal said...

Ha!!! The things they come up with!!

Shaz@Online PhD Schools said...

There’s only one thing I can see behind what you have shared and it’s called a mother’s love. It simply shows that mothers could do anything for their precious angels even though they have to carry heavy things for them and even do the impossible. Mothers will never doubt doing it.

Please visit My Webblog