Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hopeful new year

Happy New Year, friends!

There's a lot going on in these parts - many half-written posts in my head that I hope to - plan to - finish up and get posted in the weeks to come. My absence in the blogosphere is not masking difficulty behind the scenes, though. Our holiday were lovely and we've plowed into the new year with force.

Last year, I resolved to post every day in January - and I did it, more easily than I'd expected. This year, I'm making a resolution with considerably more heft. It's the basis of my post this month at Hopeful Parents - you can read about it here.

While you're over at Hopeful Parents, you may want to read my December post as well. With everything that was going on in my life off-blog at the time, I didn't have a chance to tell you it was there. It was written for the holidays, but it's applicable now as well. It might even give you an idea for a quick, easily met resolution to kick off the new year.

Here's to a good 2011 for all of us. I look forward to sharing it with you.

8 comments:

Varda said...

Happy New Year to you, too!

I usually read you over at Hopeful Parents, especially as yours is the posting day right after mine every month, but somehow I'd missed this one. (Yeah, my December was insanely eventful and full, too.)

Thanks for pointing it out, it was lovely and cheerful.

Dani G said...

Happy new year!!

adiaryofamom said...

you're right on all fronts. terrifying. but necessary. but terrifying.

Estee said...

Happy New Year to you!

HOPELights said...

2010 was a very strange year for many people but I think 2011 is going to be a great year for many people. New beginnings are always great!

Mommy said...

I'm just stopping by to let you know I have this really fun engaging toy giveaway for an I-Spy Sensory bag I'd love for you to come check it out & enter :)

My Adventures in Mommyland

Barbara Potter said...

Hi-I hope you don't mind. I have posted a link to your blog on my daughter's website for her new charity GAME YOGA-Gifts and Miracles Everyday-Free yoga for children with special needs. This was started by the inspiration she received from my grandson Blaise who just turned 4. He has Prader Willi Syndrome and PDD-NOS. The first two are written by my daughter Rachel (mother to Blaise) . We wanted to share blogs written by parents of children with special needs. http://www.gameyogagiftsandmiracleseveryday.org/Special-Needs/Blogs.html Thank you so much for your inspiration, Barbara

Kim W said...

This is new to me. Ironically I just came home from my communications and technology class and one assignment was to find 2 Blogs to follow. I teach grade 7 math and had started looking for Blogs related to curriculum. My daughter is a Colby-Sawyer student and we recently received the Alumni Magazine and here was the information about this Blog. Coincidentally I have several students on the spectrum, one of which has been particularly challenging. My interest in learning more about ASD has been piqued. I look forward to following the Blog and checking our more of the resources you have posted. I loved your analogy by the way and plan to share the analogy with the special education team I work with.