Thursday, January 14, 2010

Big honor, small blurb

I did a really cool thing this week.

Actually, I did two cool things. First, I read an advance copy of Claire Hughes-Lynch's book Children With High-Functioning Autism: A Parent's Guide. Dr. Claire is a college professor of special education and is also the parent of a child with autism. She knows her stuff and she's lived her stuff.

Then, second - and this is the really cool part - I wrote a blurb for the book's back cover. I was extraordinarily flattered when Claire contacted me to ask if I'd be willing to consider it and was even more flattered once I'd read the book and discovered how terrific it is. The blurb wrote itself.

The two works - the book and its back cover - will be out in April.

8 comments:

kristina said...

Both are eagerly awaited.

Stimey said...

Very, very cool!

*m* said...

Onto my "To Read" list it goes.

Thanks for the heads-up, and congrats!

Niksmom said...

Your ubiquitousness knows no bounds! How cool is that. Sounds like an interesting book, too.

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

That's wonderful! I'm looking forward to reading this.

Club 166 said...

Congratulations! Dr. Claire chose well.

Joe

Claire said...

Well, YOU and this community helped inspire it... I gained SO much support from reading you in silence for so many years that I felt the need to give me back... And your blurb made sniffle... thank you so very, very much!

KAL said...

How great! Can't wait to read it.