Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The art of the deal

There was a message on my cell phone this afternoon.

Apparently, Bud was at home negotiating with Nana about whether or not he could have a Weight Watcher's cookie, or "Watcher Cookie," in Bud-speak. Nana wasn't sure if he'd already had a cookie at lunch, and told him that he'd need to call and get my approval before she'd hand over the goods.

The message on my phone sounded something like this:

"Hi, Mom. I was just wondering, could I have a Watcher Cookie?" Pause, pause, pause. "I can? Oh, thank you, Mom!"

I heard the strains of Nana's voice in the background before the call disconnected: "Wait a minute, are you talking to Mom or did you get her machine? She needs to tell ME that it's okay. Bud, give me the..." Click.

Okay, I'll grant you, it lacks integrity.

But my kid is BRILLIANT.

14 comments:

goodfountain said...

That puts a whole 'nother slant on 'pretending.'

Nicely done, Bud.

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

I'd say that deserves TWO cookies for his ingenuity! :)

Niksmom said...

Well, apparently the meds do nothing to inhibit the creativity response, eh? ;-) Sneaky, Bud. Very sneaky.

kristenspina said...

awesome! How can you not love that?

(and it never fails to crack me up when we celebrate our kids being "typically" naughty!!)

dancingmom said...

OMGosh I love this!

Robin said...

smart boy!
so did he get the cookie?

Robin said...

Love it! Way to go Bud!

pixiemama said...

Did she let him have the cookie?!

(my verification word is slyink!)

Anonymous said...

First time poster! :) Hello, my name is Theo! :)

The kid has nerve! I like him! :) That was awesome!! Give the little man an extra cookie for using his noggin and being rather clever! :D

kristina said...

Now who was that who said our kids lack "theory of mind"?

Love this kid!

Anonymous said...

I totally love "normal kid stuff." Way to go, Bud!!

mommy~dearest said...

Hahaha! That is one "smart cookie" you got there, Mom.

KAL said...

LOVE it! Brilliant indeed.

MOM-NOS said...

Bud would be delighted to know that so many people are concerned about whether or not he got the cookie! Yes, he did - but only after Nana and I consulted on it.