Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My country, 'tis of thee

Well, this is a treat.

This one is for all of my fellow left-wing friends who like to tease me about my affinity for country music by suggesting that it's a sign that I might be defecting to the right.

This evening, Michelle Obama (now, I'm afraid, forever Mother of the Year in the eyes of my son) hosted the White House Music Series: A Country Music Celebration, which featured Allison Krauss and Union Station, Charley Pride, and Brad Paisley, and at which -

wait for it -

Barack Obama quoted Dierks Bentley.

And speaking of country music and my fellow left-wing friends, I invite you to click here and listen to Brad Paisley's latest, "Welcome to the Future." Listen to the whole song, and as he gets to the final verse, think about how you felt on November 4, 2008 and January 20, 2009, and try not to get choked up.

I bet you can't do it.

6 comments:

kristina said...

Well, we always knew Bud has his finger on the pulse of what they're (as in the President and the First Lady) are listening too!

Teal said...

The Dierks link appears to be broken. Is it me?

MOM-NOS said...

Thanks, Teal. It should work now.

Niksmom said...

Thanks for the link; great article! I got teary just reading that Brad got teary as he sang that song. I heard it on the radio the other day and got choked up as I was driving.

Proof that even us left-leaners love our country and country music. :-)

pixiemama said...

There's a time and place for everything, even country music. :) My husband LOVES it, so Bud's in good company. My husband also likes a certain song that he says makes him think of me, so, of course, I like that song too. I'll have to figure out who it is and what song.

:)

dancingmom said...

I'm as liberal as they come, but I also love Dierks -- thanks to you and Bud for introducing me to him!

xo karen