Monday, February 09, 2009

Still on fire

So, did you see Paul McCartney on the Grammys last night? He did "I Saw Her Standing There," and I swear, if you closed your eyes and listened, it could have been ten years ago, twenty years ago, thirty years ago. The man's voice does not age.

So, yes, amazing performance. But I have to admit, when I heard that he was performing with Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl, I'd hoped he'd be doing a live performance of a track from Electric Arguments, his third collaboration with producer Youth released under the name The Fireman. I'd been thinking about The Fireman quite a bit this week, what with all the talk of Feeling That Fire and all. It occured to me that I haven't mentioned it here, even though it's been out for several months. So now I am. In truth, McCartney's Fireman releases are not always my thing, and some of the tracks on Electric Arguments are also not my thing, but this one - this one positively soars. And the fact that I heard it for the first time shortly after Barack Obama won the election made me love it even more.

Sing The Changes - feel a little bit of this fire:



4 comments:

TimsMomMom said...

How can you not love McCartney?

Robin said...

will we still be friends if I told you I didn't watch the Grammy's? I may though go get me a Deirk's album....

Nicki said...

Yeah I saw it, that was cool! He's always been my favorite Beatle, since I was kid... though I don't remember why!

David said...

Thanks for the Paul song. Always been a big Paul fan. Maybe I'm Amazed is one of the best songs ever!