Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Man of letters

I've been reading the best stuff lately!

Bud continues to bring home original writing in his backpack on a regular basis. Last week, he brought home a story about his umbrella breaking at recess. He also brought home the broken umbrella.

Yesterday, he brought home a letter:

Dear Mom,

I did a great job reading. I am reading in a group with Kiley, Samuel, and Mim. Today we read The Oxstar. I took my turn to read. I did a good job reading. I listened to my friends read.

Sometimes I chat with my friends. I chat about that nana's back is sore. I chat about bowling with some other friends on Friday. Kiley drew some cats in a picture. She shared her picture with us. We said "wow, its beautiful! " Next I shared my pbs kids paper characters with my friends. "They're wonderful!" they said. I have fun in my reading group.

love bud

Did you catch that?

"I took my turn..."

"I listened..."

"I chat with my friends..."

"She shared..."

"I shared..."

"I have fun in my reading group."

Right on, Bud. Write on!

20 comments:

Niksmom said...

Right on, Bud! Right on, little man. :-)

FXSmom said...

I did catch that! Awesome job Bud!! (and mom ;-) )

Stimey said...

It must make you so happy to read these stories. Way to go, Bud.

Quirky Mom said...

That's pure awesomeness!

*m* said...

I love that he's sharing so much with you about school -- and that the news he has to report shows such growth. Good stuff!

kristenspina said...

Beautiful.

Jordan said...

Whoo hoo!!!

KAL said...

Way to go, Bud. Terrific!

Robin said...

Bud you rock!
Keep on writing!!

ghkcole said...

i really like Bud! tell him i'm a fan of his work.

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

That is just incredible ... and shows just how far you have all come.

Kajoli said...

Bud is a rock star

kyra said...

SO wonderful to hear! and read!

right on and write on IS right on!

Fleecy said...

That's great. :)

TimsMomMom said...

That's awesome! Bud gives me lots of hope for Timmy!

mommy~dearest said...

I caught it too. How fantastic! Way to go Bud!

TimsMomMom said...

I gave you an award! See my blog http://fightingfortimmy.blogspot.com

Teal said...

Not only was the writing terrific, but it was also all positive. That shows yet one more thing to love about Bud - his glass is half full. What a great boy you have!

Drama Mama said...

Music to a mama's ears...

Eleanor said...

AWESOME! Go, Bud!