Thursday, February 05, 2009

Feel That Fire

Earlier this week, as I was shouting from a virtual mountaintop about the impending release of Dierks Bentley's latest CD, Feel That Fire, Gretchen popped in, in her inimitable Gretchen way, to ask "Are you on his payroll yet?"

And the answer, Gretchen, is no, I'm not. I provide my endorsements purely as a public service. I know that most of my readers are the busy parents of high-maintenance children (and I say that with love), who don't always have time to scout out the latest and greatest that popular culture has to offer. So, just as I rely on Jordan and Drama Mama for cosmetic advice, on Kristen for the word on all things cashmere, on Betty and Boo's Mom for book recommendations, and on lots of other bloggers for lots of other things, I like to think I'm saving my readers from having to dredge through a lot of mediocre music by helping them cut right through to the good stuff.

Which brings me to this: Feel That Fire, released this week and already a hit with Bud and me. The title track and first single has been topping the charts on country radio for months, but I have to tell you (sorry, Dierks), it's not even close to being the strongest track on the album, which is packed with instant classics - from the sure-to-be-a-hit-single-'cause-it-makes-the-girls-swoon "I Wanna Make You Close Your Eyes," to the gorgeous and moving "Beautiful World," to the hard-rocking "Life on the Run," to the so-poignant-it's-physically-painful "Pray."

Not convinced yet? Preview it here and you'll see what I mean. You can thank me later.

6 comments:

gretchen said...

You may have shamed me into buying this disk before I've even heard a single note. Just for you my friend.

MOM-NOS said...

No, Gretchen! No shame, just humor... which is, of course, what I count on you for!

(But do buy the album...)

kristenspina said...

Did you know that in your neck of the woods cashmere is a three season fabric? Maybe even year-round. Cool summer evenings?

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Whoa ... to even be mentioned here in such good company as yourself, other bloggers, and Dierks. Thank you, so very, very much.

Daisy said...

My teen loves country music, and he just got an MP3 player for his last birthday. I think this CD should be on it. Sounds like it's worth picking up!

Drama Mama said...

I love this - and I HATE country music!

On top of his musical awesomeness, I shall never, ever forget how great Dierks was/is to our Bud.