Saturday, February 07, 2009

And the winner is

This week, Bud and I have listened to Dierks Bentley's new album, Feel That Fire, enough that our favorite songs have floated to the top and we're each ready to announce our picks for Best Album Tracks. In the old days, Bud and I almost always gravitated toward the same sounds, but that's no longer the case.

Tonight, Bud told me that his favorite cuts are "Feel That Fire," "I Wanna Make You Close Your Eyes," "Here She Comes," and "Sideways."

I told Bud that my favorite tracks are "Beautiful World," "You Hold Me Together," "I Wanna Make You Close Your Eyes," and "Better Believer."

This means, of course, that our ultra-scientific study with a sample size of two has determined that the definitive best album track on Feel That Fire is, in fact, "I Wanna Make You Close Your Eyes." But I don't think we're alone in that assessment. It seems that the women from the Today show are big fans as well...


7 comments:

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

"Feel That Fire" came on today while driving home from Boo's social skills group. From the backseat I heard, "Who sings this?" which is always an indicator that he likes the song - a lot. Grinning, I explained that it was Dierks Bentley, thinking of you and Bud the whole time.

kristenspina said...

Nice.

kristina said...

But you do agree on the one song.......

Robin said...

ok I may have to break down and listen to Dierks. I will say that he does have an awfully cool name! And how did it ever escape me that you are a coffee addict.........

Bannie said...

I just bought the album from amazon for $3.99 (download) (If you are on the fence about country or Dierks you can't beat this price! I am NOT on the fence about either. But the recession has me cutting corners and cutting back! Yah! for cheap downloads!

Teal said...

He can make me close my eyes very easily! And I'd like him to "Come a Little Closer," too!

kyra said...

he's ADORABLE! i've only listened to him on your blog, mom-nos, but after watching him in that interview, i may have to download him! ahem, the music, that is.