Sunday, May 11, 2008

We have a winner!

Ice Out 2008 has come to a surprisingly early end.

Back in March, when the contest began, my bet was that Gretchen had the edge with a July 4 guess. But the weather in my area is nothing if not unpredictable, and the thaw has come much sooner than I expected.

So, without further ado, the person who guessed the correct date of the first snow-and-ice-free day in my yard and the official winner of Ice Out 2008 is...

KAL of Autism Twins!

KAL, if you send your contact information to me at momnos at gmail dot com, I will get your prize pack out to you this week.

Thanks to all of this year's participants. You made a long winter a lot more fun!




13 comments:

Niksmom said...

Well, if you'll pardon the pun, I knew I didn't have a snowball's chance...

Damn, that's a lot of snow! What a lovely Mother's Day gift...it's disappearance! :-)

Happy Mother's Day. xo

KAL said...

Wow, after your last post I dared to hope... I'm so glad you got the complete thaw just in time for Mom's Day. Hope you're enjoying the day!

kristenspina said...

Oh, hooray for the winner! And happy thaw to you!!!

Daisy said...

Wow! The before and after make the sidewalk picture all the more dramatic. It's been quite a winter all over. Happy Mother's Day!

Eileen said...

Yay!!! Happy thaw, Happy Mother's Day! Congratulations Kal!

kristina said...

a snowball to kal!

happy mother's day to an award-winning mom!

Delilah said...

Hooray! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Suzpotts said...

DOH! Just missed it by one day! Congrats KAL and I'm glad the snow is gone. Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

Kitt said...

What a nice Mother's Day gift for you and KAL!

Robin said...

Woohoo! Bring on spring!

gretchen said...

This is a good lesson for me: life will throw me a lot more prizes if I quit being such a cynic. :-)

Enjoy.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Man just a few more days and I would have won! Oh well, Hopefully you guys can thaw out now! LoL

WherestheBox said...

Oh, darn it! (I mean, I'm so happy for you that the snow is gone and that KAL won!)

Seriously, Happy Mother's Day - a day late.