Monday, May 05, 2008

Executive privilege

Dierks Bentley's greatest hits CD, Every Mile A Memory 2003-2008, hits stores tomorrow, but because Bud is an Executive Producer, he got his copy in the mail today. And there, in the CD booklet, on one of the nine pages of names in alphabetical order in minuscule font, we saw it:

Other Name, Other Name, Other Name, Bud's Name, Other Name, Other Name, Other Name, Other Name, Other Name...

I pointed it out to him. He squinted at it. "That's me?" he asked.

"That's you," I said.

He smiled and pulled the booklet closer to his face. "That's me and Dierks?"

"Yep. That's you and Dierks, Bud."

Just you and Dierks and a few thousand of your closest friends.


8 comments:

Niksmom said...

THAT is soooo cool!

kristenspina said...

very cool.

gretchen said...

Love it!! Would Bud autograph a copy for me?! Or would the celebrity go to his head? :-)

Delilah said...

Wow!!!

Daisy said...

Fabulous. I might have to buy this.

MOM-NOS said...

Daisy, if you buy it I'll tell you Bud's real name. :)

MOM-NOS said...

Gretchen, I'm sure he'd be delighted. He may be famous now, but he's still well grounded.

unrulyasides said...

i'm not much into country music, but i think i'm going to go buy a copy of dierk bentley's cd, actually buy it, and not download it the nefarious way i usually do, because the guy seems to completely rock, and i'm so glad the awareness he's developed of bud, that is awesome.