Monday, April 28, 2008

Split ends

Good news: Meg and I are back together.

My search was surprisingly easy. Last night, I contacted a former colleague through Facebook because I knew she was a long-time customer of Meg's, though I knew she'd been living in another part of the state for the past several months and had probably been getting her hair done elsewhere. My friend was shocked to hear from me, because - get this - she had run into Meg at a department store the previous day.

Meg's departure was sudden, and she did not have access to her customer contact information. She asked my friend to spread the word that she was starting this week at another local salon. My friend gave me all the info I needed and must have passed my info on to Meg as well, because when I got home tonight there was a message from Meg waiting for me.

It's like the stars are aligning: all of the fabulous haircutting with none of the awkward interactions with my former stylist.

Don't you just love a happy ending?

12 comments:

Teal said...

Beshert. Kismet. Meant to be. Sniff, sniff...how I love a happy ending!

Drama Mama said...

Cue violins. Lovely.
Now, will we ever get to see this haircut?

Kitt said...

Hooray! It was Meant To Be.

mom2spiritedboy said...

So happy for you! I just recently found "the" stylist for me, he must have thought I was extremely weird because I was grilling him about his intentions - did he intend to stay there, did he have any plans to leave the country or change salons etc etc.

kristenspina said...

Hooray!!!

Niksmom said...

Well, good f Anticlimactic fo us...I was looking forward to your Encyclopedia Brown-NOS post in which you detailed your sleuthing prowess. Oh well...I'll take good hair any day! ;-)

Eileen said...

So happy you two are back together!

Delilah said...

Excellent!

Paula said...

I dig the title of the post. You are so clever! ;-)

Congrats on the reunion.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you posting about fun things like ice and hair. It is so important for you to have FUN!

My former hair stylist had a sign at her station, "I am a beautician not a magician". We broke up soon after that.

FXSmom said...

lol...that is funny

WherestheBox said...

Yes, a picture is now required. Seriously, I once had a stylist slip me her phone number when no one was looking b/c she was thinking of leaving the salon. :)