Monday, February 04, 2008

See for yourself

A couple of months ago, I went to a concert and then posted a blog-rave about Dierks Bentley (whom Bud has recently started referring to as "my personal friend Dierks Bentley"). I imagine that at least a few of you wondered if, perhaps, I was just the tiniest bit biased because Dierks and Cassidy reached out to help Bud successfully manage a small change that had somehow become emblematic of the larger changes in his life. And who could blame you for your skepticism?

But here's your chance to see that, biased or not, I was actually right.

This Friday night, Dierks and the band will be streaming live from the Knitting Factory in Los Angeles. Through the magic of the Internet, you can watch the show on iClips.net from the comfort of your own living room. Of course, depending on your time zone, you may be in for a late night, since the broadcast is set to begin at 11:00 p.m. Pacific Time.

If a late night (or early morning) just won't work for you, I believe that iClips will have the show available for you to watch at your convenience. And if you do check out the show, live or in replay, please be sure to stop back here and let me know what you thought of Bud's very own "personal friend."

4 comments:

Maddy said...

Ooo you name dropper you!

Late night certainly works better than early morning around here.
Cheers

Niksmom said...

Dang! Here I was getting all psyched to read that you and Bud were going to be in the audience or on stage! LOL

I'll *definitely* miss that one...unless Nik decides it's party time at 2 a.m.! It's been known to happen...

MOM-NOS said...

Not quite, Niksmom! In fact, I don't think I'll mention the late night webcast to Bud. I just discovered a different db concert on iClips - which was, coincidentally, taped the same week Bud started considering Dierks a personal friend - but I made the mistake of discovering it while Bud was sitting beside me and while we were only moments away from bedtime. It made for a rough transition, since I thought it was time for Bud to go to sleep, but Bud insisted that he couldn't possibly go to sleep until he'd seen every song.

I won this time, but we have a date for a full concert screening on Saturday.

Daisy said...

Cool. Very cool. I might check this out -- see if Amigo would like him.