Thursday, October 11, 2007

Panned on the run

You know I adore Paul McCartney. You know I do. When Paul is at his best, there is no one better.

But when Paul is at his goofiest... well, you just have to see it for yourself to believe it.

There is a video for "Ever Present Past" on YouTube. I just don't get it. It's Hairspray, cast by Robert Palmer, filmed on the set of The Thomas Crown Affair.

What do you suppose he was thinking?

Bud loves it - but I have to admit, I was greatly relieved when, after only the second viewing, we got to switch over to "Settle for a Slowdown" for the five-billionth time.

5 comments:

SUS said...

Paul can be goofy? Whaaa??

Your description was intriguing enough for me to press play (and it was right on). But this video is not nearly as goofy as "Spies Like Us" (the song or the video).

MOM-NOS said...

Or the movie, for that matter, Sus! You're absolutely right - I had blocked that one from my memory. And don't even get me started on Give My Regards to Broad Street...

Cindy said...

*sheepishly* I actually liked it... though I think the moves are more suited to Jarvis Cocker than Palmer.

David said...

I love Paul too. He was always my favourite, since 1967 when I got the album "Help". Gotta take the goofy with the "Maybe I'm Amazed". Guess it's like those spotlights and shadows, eh?

Check out this New Yorker article from a month or so back. Tim Page, who has Asperger's writes wonderfully about his childhood obsession with music.

Drama Mama said...

I was always a George "Dark Horse" Harrison girl (okay, okay, I HAD to be different) but admittedly...

I liked this. He's had alot of work done, and it's shot to make him look younger, but it's youthful and quirky, theatrical...and not very commercial.

Miss M can't get enough. Hey. It beats the You Tube of "Barbie Girl".