In a recent post on AutismVox, Kristina listed ten ways that she and her son Charlie are alike, and invited other bloggers to do the same. Here, then, are ten things that Bud and I have in common:
1. We have the same taste in music. We don't just like the same artists; the same tracks from those artists, the same melodic turns, the same tempos, the same instrumental breaks, the same harmonies seem to capture us both.
2. We both have an uncanny capacity for remembering song lyrics. My ability is far greater than the average person's; Bud's ability is far greater than mine.
3. We both love road trips. We look forward to the weekends, when "Mom and Bud Days" afford us the opportunity to pack a lunch, pack the car, and head somewhere, windows down and music playing. The destination is rarely as important to either of us as the trip itself. We like to be out - we like to be doing - we like to be active.
4. We are fans of technology. Computers, iPods, satellite radio, TiVo, you name it - we rarely meet a technology we don't enjoy.
5. We both love books and we are both good readers.
6. We both dislike math.
7. We enjoy the outdoors. We like walking in the woods. We like picking blueberries in the summer and apples in the fall. We like spending time at the lake and at the ocean. We like to feel the sun on our skin and the wind in our hair.
8. We like spending time with the people in our lives. We are also comfortable spending time alone.
9. We both have seasonal allergies, and both use prescription nasal sprays.
10. In the summer, we prefer wearing sandals to wearing socks and shoes or sneakers. We also like being barefoot. In the winter, we both wear socks to bed.
Anyone else want to share how you and your child are alike?