Sunday, April 22, 2007

Earth Day revisited

I just wrote a lovely little post about Earth Day. It was optimistic and cheery and feel-good.

Then I read this post from Andrea at A Garden of Nna Mmoy, which was just the reality-check and kick in the pants that I needed.

Earth Day - environmentalism - is not about feeling good. It's about changing the planet. And change is hard.

I won't try to re-write what Andrea has already written so eloquently. But I will ask you to click here and read it.

2 comments:

mcewen said...

Fair enough, but what happened to the
'optimistic and cheery?"
See y'all later.

MOM-NOS said...

mcewen, after reading Andrea's piece I decided that optimistic and cheery may feel good, but it doesn't effect real change. And the way I see it, right now real change is what we need.