Monday, February 05, 2007

Just calling it like he sees it

This morning as we were getting ready to head out the door for school I knelt down to help Bud zip his coat. I looked up and saw him gazing lovingly at my face. I smiled as he reached out and stroked my cheek gently.

"Mama," he asked sweetly, "What you've got?"

"I don't know, honey," I answered softly. "What have I got?"

Bud met my gaze and answered dreamily, "Wrinkle face."



kirsten said...

oh well, at least he said it sweetly... not laughing!

was the birthday party this weekend? how did it go?

Daisy said...

Out of the mouths of babes -- and our very own sweethearts.

Club 166 said...

Thanks for a good laugh this morning! I'll be thinking about it all day.

Last year my son had this conversation with my wife:
"Mom, why don't I have muscles like you do? I want to have muscles like you do".
"You have great muscles! You're very strong".
"But I don't have the muscles that hang down under my arm like you do!"

As for me, I usually get "I want to be fat, just like you!". At which time I have to a)go over how unhealthy it is to be fat, and that he's just the right size, and b)re-resolve to lose 15-20 pounds so I'm not "fat" anymore.

MOM-NOS said...

Kirsten, actually the party isn't until the 17th, so we have some time to prepare. Hope the party you went to was fun!

Erin said...

Too funny. It reminds me of the time I told Thomas his teeth were nice and white, and he responded by telling me that mine are yellow! No judgement, just honesty.

kristina said...

Honesty is the best policy! (?)

mcewen said...

Repeat after me 'love lines'! dearie.
Best wishes

Teal said...

Two words for you, Mom-nos: glycolic acid.

gretchen said...

Hahahaha! Yesterday Thomas told me "mommy, your butt is getting bigger and bigger!"

He followed it up with "you are as tall as the ceiling" so I prefer to think that it was all just pretend...

VtBudFan said...

My son announced at Thanksgiving dinner at my inlaws' house that they were "crinkly!" Then he put the crinkly people in order: Grandfather was the crinkliest, then Grandmother, then Daddy.

(I did not make the list!)

Grandfather got his revenge later when my son, well, "tooted," and Grandfather said, "I may be the crinkliest, but you're the stinkliest!"


Susan Senator said...

I just tell my kids how to answer certain questions, that way no one gets hurt! :)