Sunday, February 04, 2007

Have podcasts - will travel

This afternoon I took a long drive to have lunch with some of my dearest friends. In preparation for my drive, I downloaded some podcasts from iTunes that made the traveling almost (but not quite) as enjoyable as the lunch itself.

I listened to, and enjoyed, last week's edition of NPR's This American Life. But the highlight of the trip was Episode 32 of Autism Podcast, which features Dr. Steven Gutstein, founder of Relationship Development Intervention (RDI). I've seen Dr. Gutstein in person, and I think he's brilliant. His perspectives on autism, human development, and parenting make intuitive sense to me. I believe in RDI because it, too, makes intuitive sense. But, mostly, I believe in RDI because I think it has been - and continues to be - transformative for Bud. This podcast gives just a glimpse of Gutstein and the RDI philosophy. It's not a lengthy interview, but it's a nice place to start if you're looking for more information about the program. You can download it for free from iTunes, or listen to it at the Autism Podcast site.

And while you're there, you may also want to listen to another of my favorites - Episode 43, which features Kevin Leitch: autism dad, blogger, and founder of Autism Hub.


Linda H said...


Here's the link to the website

When you fill out the 'tell about yourself' portion, you need only to give your name and how you heard about the group.


Jessica said...

Thank you for posting this helpful information!

Anonymous said...

just what I needed- mh