Monday, January 01, 2007

Let the campaigning begin

2007 is less than a day old, and I'm already worrying about 2008.

John Edwards has thrown his hat into the ring. I really like John Edwards, and I liked what I heard from him in the 2004 campaign. But the possibility of Barack Obama entering the race is exciting. And, of course, there's the Hillary factor. (I know, I know, I know... but I like her.)

At least I know for sure who I won't be supporting.

And I suppose that, when you come right down to it, a surplus of good candidates in the race is not really a bad problem to have.

3 comments:

Daisy said...

A surplus of good candidates -- yes, that's a bonus we don't usually get!

vtbudfan said...

I just hope all the Dems can be civil to one another until the primaries!

Must be time to start checking MoveOn's website again....

ever-optimistic in Vermont

kristen said...

I like Hillary too....and I'm a New Yorker. Just not sure the country is ready to elect a woman for the presidency. I certainly would, but I just don't want to waste the nomination on her. For similar reasons, I'm not sure Obama is a good choice.

Sad, but this is the kind of country we live in.