Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Author, author

Bud wrote a book at school last week. The children were given a pre-printed format, and were asked to fill in the blanks. Bud composed his story and dictated the words to Ms. Jones, the classroom aide, who filled in the blanks for him.

Bud's book features his teacher, Ms. Parker, in the title role. It's a story filled with drama and adventure, and even a hint of romance. I've reprinted it here, with the author's permission, for your reading pleasure. Bud's words are underlined.

Watch for the twist ending!
My Friend Ms. Parker Went To A Boat
By Bud
My friend Ms. Parker went to the boat.

The good thing was Ms. Parker was on the boat.

The bad thing was I was worried about Ms. Parker going on her trip.

The good thing was Ms. Parker came back to cheer me up.

The bad thing was I missed her.

The good thing was Ms. Parker was back again. Great!

The bad thing was the boat was gone.

10 comments:

for what it's worth said...

That is awesome. Have you done Brown Bear, Brown Bear what do you see? It's a great one too!

MOM-NOS said...

Yes! Brown Bear, Brown Bear is an old favorite. It's still on the bookshelf, though Bud tends to be drawn to books that are more story-oriented these days - things like A House for Hermit Crab, which is another book by Eric Carle.

kirsten said...

i love that - it made me laugh out loud.

bubandpie said...

What a great ending that story has!

Jessica said...

That is the sweetest story, thanks for the chuckle!

KAL said...

Like mother, like son? This was great fun.

conuly said...

Have you ever told him the story of the man who fell out of an airplane?

MOM-NOS said...

Conuly: Unfortunately, I have not. Fortunately, there is still time. Unfortunately, I can't quite remember it...

kristina said...

You'd better be careful of intellectual property rights---the buddingest author ever!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom-Nos:

Bud is such a sweetheart, when he loves, he loves deeply!

A side note: I came across this blog by a wonderful woman who is a really tremendous writer. She writes of her daily life caring for her special needs son. I just wanted to pass it along because her writing reminds me of you in the way you are both so visual and allow us as the reader to feel the loving connection with your sons:

http://www.dreammom.blogspot.com/

Take care,
Jamie from Oregon