Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sick of myself

Are you as tired of me as I am?

This NaBloPoMo commitment has had me posting every day for two full weeks. Two weeks - fourteen posts in fourteen days - and it's nothing but me, me, me! (Or, as my friend Kay would say, "But enough about me; let's talk about you. What do you think of me?")

I gotta say - I'm just not all that interesting.

In a good week, I've got about one worthwhile thing to say. In a great week, I've got two. But it takes me months to work up to fourteen thoughts that are worth sharing.

And despite that, I keep posting and preparing for the dust bunnies that are sure to start collecting in my comments section. I can almost hear you moaning as my site loads and you groan, "What - you again?" And I've still got 16 posts to go.

But a commitment is a commitment.

I have to wonder, does anyone have something significant to say every single day? I've been surfing around on the NaBloPoMo Randomizer and it seems that a lot of people are... er... struggling for material.

I'm thinking we should re-name this endeavor NaBlahBlahBlahPoMo.

Or maybe it's just me.


Daisy said...

I, too, have found the posts in the randomizer getting shorter and shorter as the month goes on. I'm keeping to it; it gives me good ammunition next time my students say, "I don't have anything to write about!"

MothersVox said...

I was sorely tempted to do the month o' writing -- you had me quite inspired to follow in your footsteps.

But in the end I knew that I really and truly don't have something interesting to say every single day. And if I did, it would probably get said in the context of a conversation, and then not get into my blog. So I opted out before opting in . . .

But you, on the other hand, are doing frankly quite brilliantly. . .

Keep going.

You're doing great.

Only sixteen more to go.


I'll give you a list of things I'd love to hear more about from you:

* more about the privacy question that you eloquently explored a month or so back

* more on hi-low functioning and the pros and cons of the labels. Esp with regard to your idea of aiming low. We didn't aim low, and I think it's created the whole batch o'problems we're having over at Autism (the site formerly known as Austism's Edges ;)

* more on why you like Paul McCarthy. I'm just puzzled, so would like to know more. I was always a John Lennon sort of gal.

* more on how you all coped with DAD-NOS's scrape with a different sort of diagnosis

* more on how you and DAD-NOS navigate household and childrearing responsibilities together. You both work, so how to you navigate all the housework. Just curious.

* more on Bud and how his neuropsych testing looks and what you made of all the test reports.

And if this is helpful, I'll think of more things I'd love to hear from you . . .

Kristina Chew said...

More Bud's eye's view photos? A photo's worth a 1000 words.

I have one assignment in my head for Autismland: What did Charlie do today (really, what did he do)? What did I learn (including learning about how little I know)?

I try to write aout Question #1 much, much more. Then, 'nuf said.

Mamaroo said...

Never sick of you Mom-Nos! I like all the ideas you got from Mothervox and as Kristina said more of Bud's eye view photos would be nice.

Notice I caught some blog envy from you and have been playing with my layout as well. I know I could never write everyday. I have a hard enough time writing something interesting once a week or month.

Lisa/Jedi said...

Yeah, I love reading your posts, MOM-NOS, so don't worry about it! I also thought, briefly, about participating in the blah blah thing, but decided against it, knowing how stressed-out I can get during holidays... You're doing a great job :)

Moi ;) said...

You are getting this email because you are a member of the RingSurf Autism Bloggers WebRing (and you don't have your email on your blog) and there is a problem with the RingSurf code in your blog. Click on every link and make sure it goes to where it's supposed to go. If you can't get it to work, please let me know. I will resend you the code, and you can place it **exactly as I send it** into your template.

Please check your blog to see that the code is correct, and that the size of the box fits into your template/sidebar. If it does not, please use the Text style instead. You may not put the code as a separate web page. That will break the Ring. Please don't cut any categories from the code.

If the problem isn't resolved within the next two weeks, I am going to have to remove your blog from the ring! :( Every broken link breaks the chain. We don't want to lose anyone! Thanks for your cooperation!

Wendy said...

I check your blog every day, even when you're not participating in the NaBlahBlahBlahPoMo so a blog a day from you has been great! I just haven't been commenting because my daughter was in the hospital with double-lung pneumonia. :( I'd say that's a pretty good excuse, huh?

Laura said...

I was just raving to another friend last night about how great it has been lately since you started this blog-a-day thing. I said to my friend, "It's so great, because every day I check, and I know there will be something new!"

I love reading what you write about Bud, you and DAD-NOS, Nana and Papa, school, teaching, Macca, politics, your job, autism, your budding writing career (hee hee, how'd you like that pun?), and anything else you post. I'd vote for an extension of that month! What if you did it for a year??


KAL said...

MOM-NOS, you're hysterical. I love your blog, I love your writing. You always have such great perspective on everything, even the mundane. I could never do NaBloBlahBlah, but so glad that you are. Please stick it out :)

kyra said...

see? see how we all respond to you, my dear MOM-NOS????? you are NEVER boring and we are NEVER sick of you! post on! more more more!

mom-nos said...

Aw. You folks are much too kind. But, thanks to each of you - it means a lot.

MothersVox - those are GREAT suggestions, though many of them will take a great deal of mulling before I can begin to be articulate. And yes - all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Kristina, when I asked if anyone had something significant to say, I immediatley thought of you. You have something significant to say on TWO different blogs every day. But, then, you are - without question - one of a kind.

neil said...

I just look on this whole thing as a conversation we are having with you, it's all flowing naturally. We recently received our tea towel from M's school with every child's hand drawn portrait on it. I would love to see some of Bud's work if that was possible. The only other tip I can give you is that when I'm stuck but feel i have to post something, I just write a sentence about anything at all, sometimes it gets rubbed out and the real post starts or it can go just fine as it is.