Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day pleas(e)

Today is Election Day in the US, and to those readers in the States who are eligible to vote I make these requests:

If you are inclined to go to the polls, please vote for a Democrat.

If you are inclined to vote for a Democrat, please go to the polls.


gretchen said...

Thomas and I voted this morning for all the democrats we could. I don't know why I'm feeling so sappy, but as I drove away after voting, I thought about what a great country this is-that I can show my 2 year old how to vote. Hopefully he will grow up to see the importance of it.

Republican or Democrat, we all love America. I think that gets overlooked sometimes.

Lisa/Jedi said...

Did it! It wasn't easy to sneak the time this busy day, but a post-it note in the car helped to remind me to VOTE!! :)

Anonymous said...

Mission Accomplished, we voted. I always take the kids, I want them to grow up to be voters too.

The new electronic machines are awesome, prior to this election we actually used hand-written ballots and they just handed you a pen, you fill it out and fold it and put it in the box. Now it was all electronic and I kept thinking that the machine was going to pop out some twenties at me!

ballastexistenz said...

I voted today. Mostly Democrat and (for certain local offices) Progressive, one Independent (who's already in office and has a good chance of winning). Still felt more like I was voting against Republicans than anything else, I don't have a lot of confidence in the candidates I picked, but I have less in their opponents.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I like the idea of money-dispensing voting machines... although it would cut out the middleman of the actual campaign. Candidate X will spend $10 to buy your vote, whereas Candidate Y will spend $1.75 to buy your vote. Gee, I guess I'll vote for Candidate X.

Daisy said...

I could have voted a straight ticket, but I felt much more staisfied going through the entire ballot and marking my vote for each and every office -- even though I voted for all Democrats.