Friday, November 10, 2006

Blog envy

Because of my involvement in NaBloPoMo, two things have happened:

1. I've spent a lot of time looking at my own blog, and

2. I've spent a lot of time surfing other blogs on the NaBloPoMo Randomizer.

And because of these two things, one other thing has happened:

I've developed blog envy.

There are some very cool blogs out there. There is good writing, of course, but I'm not really talking about that. The blogs that have sparked my interest are the one that are visually interesting, that have character, individuality, pizzazz.

I'm looking at my words on the standard, unoriginal template Blogger provides for the technically challenged, and I'm feeling boring.

I'm stumbling across hundreds of other blogs with the exact same template as mine and I'm feeling generic.

Mostly I'm feeling like an eighth grader who is not cool enough to sit at the popular table in the cafeteria.

I've upgraded to the new beta Blogger, which promised to give me more options, but really just gave me a messier version of my boring, generic, run-of-the-mill template.

So I'm going to play with it. If you drop by in the days and weeks to come and things are looking wacky around here, you'll know why.

And if you have particular skill in this arena and would like to send some suggestions my way, I'd be awfully appreciative.

And my inner eighth-grader would be thankful for the lunch date.

7 comments:

for what it's worth said...

Mom-Nos,

I know of a husband and wife who both had their templates professionally designed. I have put the link at the end of my comment so you can go have a look and see what you think.

http://thelifeofaneuroticmom.blogspot.com/

Daisy said...

I'm with you. I liked my template better before I saw how many others have the same one. We can lunch at the techno-peasant table together.

Kristina said...

Ah, one of my favorite ways to waste time----fiddling with my blog settings...... maybe you could change the template everyday for NaBloPoMo?

Mamaroo said...

I always like a change once and a while. I like the look with the added Bud's Pictures on the side.

kyra said...

i know. some of the blogs are very cool! the graphics! the banners! who has the time?????????????

gretchen said...

I love the Bud gallery!

Beware the blogger upgrade- it loused some things up for me. So far I can still see you on Bloglines...

kristen said...

I still like the old page :)
But I always resist change.