Monday, August 07, 2006

Overheard at our house

Nana and I sat at the table drinking coffee.

Bud burst into the room with a flourish, announcing "Now I will dance my special dance: Chinese Applefarm!" and launching into a complicated dance routine.

Nana looked at me over the rim of her mug. "Did he just say Chinese applefarm?"

"Mm. Sesame Street. Grover. Dances from around the world."


"It's actually Chinese acrobatics."


"Bud pronounces it applebatics."


"Well, he's never heard of applebatics."


"But he's heard of apple farms - we visit one every fall."

"Chinese Applefarm."


"Not even wrong."

"Not even wrong."


kirsten said...

i LOVE that - just read it to my hubby - it reminds me of how temple grandin describes her thought process - also how many little ones think anyway.

Kristina Chew said...

When's the YouTube video coming?

Camille said...

Chinese Applefarm. Makes perfect sense.

Mom,nos you have been tagged by Autism Diva to do a thing... a blog thing where you answer questions thing... it's probably called a Chinese Applefarm... or something...

Connie said...

Hi mom!
Love this so much. I can relate!

Just found your blog recently, and as a fellow "autism mom," I applaud your "autie" wisdom in this wonderful place you've created. Our kids are our greatest teachers.

I take my coffe black.