Thursday, June 01, 2006

The grasses all weigh screener

Bud has a toy lawn mower that he loves. For as long as I can remember, he's called it his "motor." I assumed it was because one of his favorite fair-weather activities is pushing his toy around the yard as his Dad pushes the machine with the big loud motor.

Tonight after dinner Bud and I were in the kitchen when we heard the telltale sound of grass cutting beginning in the yard. Bud jumped up and looked at me with a sense of urgency.

"I have to go outside, Mom," he said. "I have to help Dad motor lawn."

Of course. Mow the lawn. Motor lawn. Motor.

Not even wrong.

2 comments:

Big Orange said...

I love the visual that paints: the sudden widening of eyes and realization he NEEDS TO BE OUT THERE! Hee, that's great!

Bud would've LOVED my dad. That man... ::sigh:: that man would spend the better part of 3 hours mowing and trimming lawns on a Saturday afternoon. Me? That's why I live in an apartment!!

Anonymous said...

i know an aspie adult whose second-language is english, who still says "I have to go lawn de mow".