Thursday, March 23, 2006

Wet's get going!

I was puttering around the kitchen this morning gathering my things so I could go to work, and Bud was in the living room settling in with his grandparents for a few hours before it was time for him to go to school. My dad saw that I was almost ready to leave and asked, in his very Papa way, "Are you off to see the wizard?"

Bud came flying into the kitchen with a big smile, booming "You're off to see a wizard??!! Can I come too???"

"Oh, honey," I said, letting him down easy. "I'm not really going to see a wizard."

"Okay," said Bud, undaunted. "How about an iguana?"

7 comments:

Do'C said...

Iguanas ARE pretty cool.

Wendy said...

Thanks...that's probably the first time I've smiled/laughed all day! :)

Bronwyn G said...

Wow. This is such a lovely story.

How Bud was able to turn it around.

I think your Papa uses echolalia too...

gretchen said...

I wike Bud a wot.

Kristina Chew said...

Iguana go make Charlie dinner!

SquareGirl said...

I simply looooove that! Oh I'd love to hang out with Bud sometime...you have such a fun companion to go on adventures with!

Longhorn Diva said...

Gorgeous! Just really gorgeous. I have read this three times, and I have laughed until I cried each time.

I sometimes feel that these children we live with are like magical creatures who bless us with their joy and wisdom;
sometimes inscrutable, but always wondrous.