Friday, February 17, 2006

Reality check

I swear to you, I had no idea that I cackle.

Bud and I were playing and he was doing a big fake laugh - "HAHAHAHA" - that he does. He encourged me to join in, "You do it!"

So I jumped in with a fake laugh of my own: "HAHAHAHAHA!"

"No, like this - heh-heh-heh-heh-heh," he cackled.

"Hahahaha," I tried, in a different fake laugh.

"No," he redirected. "Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh."

"Heeheeheeheeheehee!"

"No. You try it - heh-heh-heh-heh-heh!"

The absurdity of the conversation combined with his impish little face cackling at me finally got to me and my fake laugh morphed into a real one.

And that's when I heard it.

"Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh!"

It stopped me cold.

I cackle.

I am a cackler.

Reality bites.

3 comments:

Kristina Chew said...

A bit of Bud magic at work----with a pinch of pixie-imp dust?

Octoberbabies said...

I snort.

Really, really loudly. When your kid thinks he'll grow extra fingers when he's older, its hard not to.

MothersVox said...

I snort, cackle, chortle and guffaw. I was once evicted from an office for laughing too loud. When the landlord told me that people had complained that I laughed too loud, my response was predictable: I started laughing and proved him right. Keep on cackling. It's good for ya!