Monday, January 16, 2006


Oprah Winfrey announced her latest book club pick: Elie Weisel's profoundly moving memoir about his life in Auschwitz, Night. I can't imagine a better choice.

Night is a short but powerful, life-changing book. I read it in one sitting in college because once I started it I was incapable of putting it down.

It's no accident that she announced her latest choice on the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. She said, "Like Dr. King, I have a dream of my own, too: that the powerful message of this little book would be engraved on every human heart and will never be forgotten again. That you who read this book will feel, as I do, that these 120 pages ... should be required reading for all humanity."

I couldn't agree more.


kyra said...

me too. it is a beautiful book.

Jenn said...

Sounds really gripping - I'll check it out!