Saturday, December 31, 2005

Looking forward

I have tried all day, this final day of 2005, to reflect on the year that has passed; despite my best efforts, though, as I try to reflect my mind starts to wander and before I know it I find myself forgetting to look back and beginning to look forward. It's not that 2005 was a bad year. On the contrary, it was a very good year; everyone was healthy, we enjoyed many, many happy times, and Bud made huge strides forward. Perhaps I've simply gotten swept up in Bud's forward strides - the momentum is so great, the ride so thrilling, that there seems to be no need to look back; I'm just keeping my eyes on the next thing to come.

Because when I say I'm "looking forward," I don't just mean that I'm considering the year to come. I mean that I'm filled with anticipation and excitement. It's the feeling of knowing that your favorite author is about to release a new book; that you have front-row tickets to a concert you can't wait to see; that two weeks from tomorrow is your tenth birthday. I am really looking forward to what comes next for Bud, and for all of us.

7 comments:

Octoberbabies said...

It took me many many hours to put together the post I just wrote about 2005. Like you, I'm so consumed by my anticipation for '06 that it took quite some effort to recap '05.

Happy new year to you and yours! May it bring you everything you want for yourself and your wonderful little Bud.

Sal

Wade Rankin said...

And I'm looking forward to keeping up with Bud in 2006!

Kristina Chew said...

That feeling of knowing your favorite author (this is mine) is about to have a new book come out: That's how I feel when I type in your blog's URL.

Eric said...

Happy new year from us POAs at Wampum.

peggyloumorgan said...

How can Bud go wrong when his Mom is so behind him. Good for you. That's exactly what we have to do as parents. There are always times that it isn't as easy as now but if you can keeping looking forward even those are easier.

mommyguilt said...

Looking forward, I see many good things for you and Bud. Just watching his progress through the last few months, just from reading, I can see that '06 will be fantastic.

Isn't it wonderful to look back, though, and see how GOOD it was??

Christina

kyra said...

here's to looking forward! i look forward to reading more about bud and his amazing progress. happy new year!!!