Wednesday, June 29, 2005

P.C. PDD

What a coincidence that my last post talked about Christmas. Last night at bedtime I overheard a conversation between Bud and his dad that I haven't heard since last December, when it was a nightly occurrence. My husband went in to give Bud a kiss goodnight and said "Goodnight, Bud. I love you."

"Goodnight, Daddy," Bud replied. "Happy Holidays."

"Happy Holidays, Bud."

"Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Bud."

"Happy Hannukkah."

"Happy Hannukkah, Bud."

"Happy Kwanzaa."

"Happy Kwanzaa, Bud."

"Happy Ramadan."

"Happy Ramadan, Bud."

"Happy Solstin."

"Happy Solstice, Bud."

I don't know what got him in the holiday spirit. Come to think of it, though, it will soon be Bastille Day in France...

1 comment:

Kristina Chew said...

I'll bet Bud'll be adding Chinese New Year to his list soon----THANK YOU for your too kind words about my Sappho/autism post. Another "eureka" moment occurred when we realized "whuddcalllorssBarneypurple" was Charlie parroting back the questions we ask him: "What color is Barney?". I was originally going to invoke Yeats's "Easter 1916" ("a terrible beauty is born") but glad I channeled the Replacements instead. kc